The road to Dayara Bugyal branches off near Bhatwari a place on Uttarkashi Gangotri road about 35 kms. From Uttarkashi. Vehicles can go up to the village of Barsu from where one has to trek a distance of about 8 kms to reach Dayara.
Trip Grade: Easy-Moderate
Best Time: March-June
Day 01: Rishikesh – Uttarkashi – Barsu (200 km. 8 hrs)
After breakfast, we drive to Barsu via Uttarkashi. Overnight stay at the GMVN Tourist Bungalow.
Day 02: Barsu –Barnala Tal (5km; 3-4 hrs)
Breakfast and start our day with fabulous views of Himalayas. We will climb gently through few houses and dense forest of Oak and Rhododendron to Barnalatal. Camping.
Day 03: Barnal Tal -Dayara Bugyal (3 km Trek 2-3 hrs)
The morning after breakfast Start Trek Up to Dayara. Its steep climb through dense forest and Himalayan peaks of Gangotri range. Arrive at camp for hot lunch. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight stay in Camp.
Day 04: Dayara-Surya Top- Dayara (14km; 6hrs)
After early breakfast, we will set off for Surya Top (4100m) for best Himalayan views. Surya top is known for its grand views of Banderpunch massif and more peaks towards Himachal. We can also see Gangotri range to its best on the east side. Monsoon and pre-monsoon season is full of Himalayan flowers. Return to Dayara for night stay.
Day 05: Dayara– Barsu (8km;4hr)
The morning after breakfast downhill trek to Barsu (08km; 4hrs). Stay in the guest house.
Day 06: Barsu-Rishikesh (8hrs drive)
Breakfast and drive to Rishikesh via Uttarkashi.
- Accommodation in Guest house/camping during the trip (02nights in Barsu+ 03 nights camping).
- Meals from dinner on day 01 to b.fast on day 06.
- Tents, sleeping bags, mattress, kitchen tent etc.
- Guide, cook & helpers.
- Pony for camping equipments.
- Entry fee in national park.
- Jeep for camping equipment and staff.
- Transportation for guest.
- Stay in Rishikesh.
- Meals during travel Rishikesh-Barsu-Rishikesh.
- Cold drinks, mineral water and such kind of personal liking items.
- Any other items which is not included in trip include.