// Rafting in Alaknanda
Grade III & IV
Minimum no. of Pax: 08
The upper alaknanda is a trip that's not for the fainthearted, so gather your partner, a few adrenalin - seeking friends or workmates or just yourself if everyone else is too scared.
Get ready for for the adventure of a lifetime!
This is honestly one of our most exotic whitewater runs. This trip brings you into some of the most spectacular gorges on the Himalayan range. Technical rapids within amazing surruondings – you need to be prepared to paddle to make sure you keep the raft where it needs to be.
- Day 01 : Drive 5 hours from Delhi to IGA Himalayan Outdoors base camp on the banks of Ganga(19kms. Beyond Rishikesh). We pass through the sugarcane belt of India and reach the holy town of Rishikesh where the Ganga river enters the plains. We check into the camp, which is located on a large sandy beach on the banks of Ganga river briefing on Camp, its activities and the trip to follow. Campfire dinner and overnight at camp.
- Day 02 : A relaxed day at the camp choose to do a early morning hike or take kayak lessons. After lunch, we drive 4/5hrs from Camp to Rudraprayag. Enroute we stop at Devprayag, to see the confluence of the two rivers (the Alaknada and the Bhagirathi) which meet from the Ganga. Overnight at Rest House/Hotel.
- Day 03 : After breakfast, help in getting the rafts readied and packing bags. A detailed safety briefing follows with instructions on paddling commands, rapids to be encountered etc. Expedition begins with a big Grade IV rapid, The Holy Hole ,at the confluence with the Madakni. Rapids keep coming in quick successions. Soak in the sun, river and scenery, staying alert to help negotiate rapids. Lunch at a waterfall and continue to make camp for the night after Srinagar. Long day on the river, covering about 36 river kms till Maletha beach. Campfire dinner and overnight Camp.
- Day 04 : Raft down to Devprayag, the confluence of Alaknada and Bhagirathi rivers. The river is now called the Ganga. Camp at Beas Ghat, a famous fishing spot for mahseer, also called the Ganga Gold, Cover 30kms of the day.
- Day 05 : A relaxed day with few rapids. A day for swimming, body surfing, relaxing and spotting wildlife. Make 30kms to reach camp below Kaudiyala, after running a couple of Grade IV rapids, Daniels Dip and The Wall.
- Day 06 : Day begins with negotiating a few small rapids, followed by Three Blind Mice , Crossfire , and the Body Surfing rapid. Cover 15kms to reach Shivpuri and drive back to BASE camp for the last night on river.
- Day 07 : Drive down to Shivpuri after breakfast to begin the final days run with big rapids, the Roller Coaster and Golf Course to make it an exciting end to a grand adventure. The trip ends near Rishikesh-lunch and Depart for Delhi.
Test the time and blast off... Rock the raft and glide with pride. Warm culture & hot Paddling