// Trek to Roopkund
Duration 8 Nights & 9 Days
Difficulty Level Moderate
Roopkund (The mystery lake) This high altitude lake (4600m) lies in the lap of Trishul massif. A shallow lake, Roopkund has attracted attention by having human skeletal remains easily visible at its bottom. There are many theories and opinions, from purely spiritual to purely scientific ones, which explain the existence of these skeletons, which date back to 9th century AD.
Marked by typical Garhwali villages busy in their own way and the extensive meadows this trek is special.. The location is uninhabited and is located in Himalaya at an altitude of about 5,029 metres (16,499 feet). Roopkund is a picturesque and beautiful tourist destination in the Himalayas, located near the base of two Himalayan peaks: Trisul (7120 m) and Nandghungti (6310 m).
Generally, trekkers and adventurers travel to Lohajung or Wan by road. From there, they climb a hillock at Wan and reach Ran ki Dhar. There is some flat area where trekkers can camp for the night. If the sky is clear, one can see Bedni Bugyal and Trisul. The next camping spot is at Bedni Bugyal, which is 12-13 km from Wan. There is a huge grazing ground for mules, horses and sheep. There are two temples and a small lake that add to the beauty of this place. One can see many Himalayan peaks from Bedni Bugyal bridge. Trekkers then go up to Bhaguwabasa, which is 10-11 km from Bedni Bugyal. One gets a closer view of Trisul and other peaks higher than 5000 metres. Many waterfalls and landslides are visible on the extreme slopes of the surrounding mountains. From Bhaguwabasa, trekkers go to Roopkund.
- Day 01 : Rishikesh(335Kms) to Ghat(1330Kms)
- Day 02 : Ghat(1330mtrs) to Rauin (2550mtrs) (7hrs, 15Kms)
- Day 03 : Rauin (2550mtrs) to Sintol(2200mtrs) (6-7hrs, 16Kms)
- Day 04 : Sintol(2200mtrs) to Wan(2450mtrs) (5hrs, 14Kms)
- Day 05 : (2450mtrs) to Bedni Bigyal(3350mtrs) (5hrs, 11Kms)
- Day 06 : Bedni Bigyal(3350mtrs) to Bhugn Basa(4100mtrs) (4-5hrs, 10Kms)
- Day 07 : Bhugn Basa(4100mtrs) to Rupkund(5029Kms) and Return to Bedni Bigyal(3350mtrs)
- Day 08 : Bedni Bigyal(3350mtrs) to Murdoli(1970mtrs) (6-7hrs, 17Kms)
- Day 09 : BMurdoli(1970mtrs) to Reshikesh(335Kms)
Test the time and blast off... Rock the raft and glide with pride. Warm culture & hot Paddling