// Trek to Ladakh
Duration 10 Days (ex. Delhi)
Difficulty Level Moderate
Minimum no of Pax: 5
Ladakh is the highest plateau of state of Kashmir with much of it being over 3,000 m (9,800 ft). It spans the Himalayan and Karakoram mountain ranges and the upper Indus River valley.
Our "special" yearly feature which runs a spectacular two weeks covering most of Worlds highest desert, i.e., western Ladakh and northern Himalayan belt, monasteries, palaces, villages, hikes and travel down three rivers. The trip begins with a flight over the Himalayas into the Trans-Himalayan region of Ladakh. We spend a few days in Leh town acclimatizing at 11,000 feet above sea level and visiting the ancient monasteries, palaces and villages around Leh. We drive west of Leh past the town of Kargil and travel south into the valley of Zanskar, one of the coldest inhabited places on earth. Starting the trip on the Doda river, we begin our self contained multi-day river adventure down the spectacular and scenic Zanskar river gorge.
This trip is a combination of the experience of Jeep Safari, Monastery visits, and rafting in one of the most exotic and isolated gorges of the world.
- Day 01 : In time transfers from Delhi to Srinagar and afternoon ride on a SHIKAARA in Dul LAKE. Overnight House boat.
- Day 02 : Sightseeing in and around Srinagar. Overnight House boat.
- Day 03 : Transfers from Srinagar to Kargil, a long drive along the river Sind( 3000 mtrs above sea level), 240 kms north east of Srinagar. Overnight stay in a guest house.
- Day 04 : Kargil to Themisgam passing thru Mulbekh village. Famous for 1st century Maitriya Buddha carved out of a high road side. continue driving over Namika - la pass at 12200 feet.Futher thru the valley& passing thru Budhkarbu, start as pass, the highest pas on sringar leh highway at 12350 feet. Have a view of Lamayuru monastery. Overnight stay in Hotel Namra.
- Day 05 : Trek Timasgang - Hemis shukpachen Walking 4/5 hours, trek through the ang village enter tingmosgang village, It was time to see blooming Apricot flower valleys. Overnight stay in a camp.
- Day 06 : Trek Hemis shukpachan - Yangthang walking 4/5 hours. Trek along wullu valley popular throughout ladakh for its aromatic shukpa [cedar] Juniper which is used as an incense for religious porposes. visit small monastery. Overnight camp.
- Day 07 : Yangthang - Liker - Alchi - leh Morning trek to liker afternoon visit Alchi gompa, drive to leh Walking 3/4 hours After the villages cross over the chartse la pobe la . Enroute trek pass the lonely village of Sumdo . futher along a valley trek to reach Pobe la and then arrive liker village Drive to Alchi visit Most Beautiful Monastery is called Jewel among the central Ladakh;s religious sites. it's known as chos-kor, religious enlave. It comprisesfive are noted for its massive Buddha statues and lavish woodcarvings and art work. Its murals dating from 11th century Tibetan style of panting that is present in all other gompa , drive to leh over night Hotel Holiday Ladakh. Full board.
- Day 08 : Leh - full day sightseeing ; [Shey palace, Thiksey Monastery, Hemis Monastery}
- Day 09 : Leh - Ka top. Worlds Heighest Motorable road(18500 meter above sea level).
- Day 10 : Fly Leh to Delhi, early morning flight.
Test the time and blast off... Rock the raft and glide with pride. Warm culture & hot Paddling