// Camp Gold Coast
There are not many outdoor pleasures greater in this world than sitting around a campfire on a clear-skied evening with the silence broken only by the sounds of shooshing waves or gurgling rivers. For freedom and relaxation and seeing some the most spectacular parts of the country you cannot beat going camping here.It is situated 30 kms upstream of Rishikesh on a secluded sandy beach by the Ganga. It's also a lovely region of gently rolling hills and beautiful views. It's got plenty of easy day-hikes, and pretty spots for family picnics.
Activities at Camp Gold Coast
- Rafting in Ganga
- Beach Volleyball
- Team Game
Mid September - May
Dec- Jan: 05-20 centigrade
Mar-May, Oct-Nov: 20-30 centigrade
ACCOMMODATION AND STAFF:
Our own manufacturing unit has specially designed the tents. The sleeping area is approx. 120 sq. feet with a canopy in front providing a 3 X 10 feet verandah. All tents are provided with twin beds with crisp linen, the inside furnishings like a bedside table. HO tents are the only ones that offer attached ground sheets to protect sand and insects from entering the tent.
Please note that due to environment issues we do not have any electricity at the camp
There are special tents with dry pit toilet arrangements, with western style commodes over a pit, (no squatting required!). These facilities are setup in accordance with the environment guidelines laid down by the Government of Uttaranchal.
We believe in homely cooked, sumptuous food with a varied choice of Indian, Chinese and continental cuisine. Personal requests if any, can be catered to.
THE GREEN TEAM:
The camp staff and guides and even our guests are required to adhere to strict Environmental guidelines and live up our policy of "minimum impact and maximum experience of nature".
The camp also acts as a base for many adventure activities like river rafting, kayaking, Burmabridge, beach volleyball, rappelling, treks, nature walks, birding watching, trampoline jumping, cliff jumping, team games, orienteering and much more.
The virgin forests around the camp are home to over 200 different kinds of birds like Minivets, Flycatchers, Orioles, Hornbills, Woodpeckers, Lapwings, Fowl, Martins, flower peckers etc. The jungles around are part of the Rajaji National Park and are home to different kinds of Deer, Elephants, Wild Boar, The Sloth Bear, Leopards, Monkeys and numerous small mammals and reptiles.
HIMALAYAN OUTDOORS FAMILY GETAWAYS:
On offer are great family getaways with well thought out comforts and a host of activities for one and all. Special child handlers are available on request in the camp to look after children while the adults try our other activities.
CORPORATE TRAINING PROGRAMS:
HO's corporate training division specializes in conducting outdoor conferences and HRD training programs for our discerning clients. The corporate courses are designed to work towards the final goal of developing team spirit, enhancing communication skills and building trust amongst colleagues. A qualified management faculty ensures a result based workshop to suit specific corporate needs. Specific team games, activities and conference arrangements are outlined separately.
- Minimum age 12 years for rafting. Children below this age may raft, but would only be taken at the discretion of their river guide on the calm, quieter stretches accompanied by parent / guardians.
- The above itinerary may vary slightly, depending on the existing water levels and your guide's discretion
- Children under 12 years who wish to do the adult raft trip, would need to get an OK from the HO personnel, who take the decision based on the height & weight ratio for safety. Younger children can do a calmer trip down river, as well as kayaking, volleyball, Frisbee, Rappelling, swimming Burma Bridge, and even hikes into the surrounding forest can be arranged with prior notice. A day in amp is rounded off with a campfire and a leisurely evening with your fellow rafters.
Bird eye view of Camp Goldcoast
How to reach Camp Gold Coast
- We can book the Shatabdi Express / Mussoorie Express/NZ AC special and jan Shatabdi from Delhi to Haridwar and from there a vehicle would be arranged to take you on to the camp. (Approx. 04 hours by train and 02 hour by road).
- Your can fly into Jolly Grant airport by Kingfisher Airways and Jet Airways which operates 2 daily flights between Delhi and Dehradun.
- For group of 10 - 15 or more, a coach can be arranged to take you from Delhi to the Camp (Approx. 06 - 07 hrs drive).
- You can take your own vehicle.
Routemap to Camp Goldcoast
- Rafting in Ganga
- Nature walk
- Bird watching in the surrounding areas
- Kayaking on a placid stretch near the camp
- Beach games like volley ball, Frisbee, water polo etc.
- Day hikes to the surrounding hills
Test the time and blast off... Rock the raft and glide with pride. Warm culture & hot Paddling