// Trek to Dodital
Duration 7 Nights & Days
Dodital is a freshwater lake in Uttarakhand, India, situated at a height of 3,024 metres (9,921 ft). To reach Dodital, one may reach Uttarkashi by road and then walk to Dodital here via Bewra and other minor villages alongside the Ganges river.
It is one of the very few water bodies where Himalayan Troutís are found. This picturesque lake is named after the rare Himalayan Troutís known as Dodi in local language. Dodital is considered as one of the most beautiful lakes of India and it is extremely popular with nature lovers and trekking enthusiasts. It provides an idyllic setup for rest and recreation activities like Angling, Boating and Bird watching. The origin of this Tal is from the natural springs and the source of river Ganga.
According to one of the popular legends Lord Ganesha chose this place as his abode. There is a temple devoted to Lord Ganesha here. Another name for this lake is 'Dhundital' meaning Ganesh ka tal or lake of Ganesha.
It provides an idyllic setup for rest and recreation activities like Angling, Boating and Bird watching.
- Day 01 : Rishikesh to Uttarkashi 155 Kms
- Day 02 : 17Kms drive to Kalyani. Further 6 Kms trek to Agoda.
- Day 03 : 16Kms trek to Dodital.
- Day 04 : 16Kms trek to Seema.
- Day 05 : 18Kms trek to Hanumanchatti.
- Day 06 : 14Kms trek to Yamunotri.
- Day 07 : 14Kms back to Hanumanchhati.
- Day 08 : 212Kms drive back to Rishikesh via Mussoorie.
Test the time and blast off... Rock the raft and glide with pride. Warm culture & hot Paddling